Saturday, January 09, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!

So I decided to make 5 New Years Resolutions and keep track of them here on my blog.

Resolution #1 - Master a new foot on my sewing machine and/or serger each month. This month I am going to master my ruffler foot.

Resolution #2 - Read through the whole Old Testament.

Resolution #3 - Try one new recipe each month. I was going to try my mom's potato salad recipe for January, but I decided to make Dirty Rice w/ Smoked Sausage instead.

Resolution #4 - Take part in Project 365 for 2010. "Take a Photo a Day and See Your Life in a Whole New Way."
Resolution #5 - Destash the dozens of bins of kids clothes I have been holding onto. Goal to accomplish this: To create 10 listings a week in my eBay store.

So, how am I doing so far?

#1 - I pulled out my ruffler foot, printed off an e-Book that will help me learn how to use it, played around with it for a bit, but I haven't mastered it yet. I do plan on spending a lot more time on it this next week.  I have a dress I want to make for Wile E. Coyote that has loads of ruffles on it.  So that is motivation to figure this thing out.  I need to have the dress made by the end of the month for a contest I would like to enter. Fun fun fun!

#2 - I am still on Genesis. But hey, I am working at it. :)

#3 - Like I said above, I was going to make my mom's potato salad, but then I watched food network and someone made dirty rice with smoked sausage. It looked really good and sounded easy. I wish I would have tired my mom's potato salad instead. :(

#4 - I've taken a picture each day and am having a blast. I just need to get them all downloaded and posted on my Project 365 Blog.

#5 - I've pulled out and set up my backdrop and lights for taking pictures. I also went through CC's closet and drawers, pulling out things she has grown out of. I pulled out bins of boy clothing that Turtle B. has grown out of also. I haven't actually found the time to start listing things, but I am working towards it and making progress.
One week down and 51 more to go.  So far I feel pretty good about what I have accomplished.  Especially considering last week being our first week back at home schooling after the break and also having 3 birthday's (Sveinn's, mine and Dinty Moore's) and our anniversary last week.

Thanks visiting.
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment