Friday, January 23, 2009

Grandpa's Christmas Gift

Well, it's been a month since Christmas and I am finally posting this. I am so lame! No, just too busy I guess. This is the tee I made for my father for Christmas. It is one of the items I did for the YCMT.com Thrifty Fifty challenge. It was my very first embroidery project I have ever completed. I've had my machine for over 9 months and the challenge finally gave me the push I needed to actually learn how to use it. The shirt isn't perfect, but I liked how it turned out. We also used the shirt as a way to tell my parents we were expecting baby number six. I think they were shocked! LOL The top two boys on the shirt belong to my brother and SIL and the bottom are our six. I think my father liked it. At least I hope he did. I have done some more embroidery and machine appliqué since then. I love it! I can see where it could get addicting if I had the time.

Here is a close up.

1 comment:

  1. Love the shirt and the way to announce #6! Bet no one was expecting that as a Christmas gift! Know what you mean about the embroidery though. I bought my first embroidery machine last April, my second in June and when income tax money comes in, I'm planning on upgrading. Yes it is VERY addicting! And such a neat and personal way to make each gift personally theirs! Know grandpa loved the shirt too!
    ~Shelly~

    ReplyDelete