Friday, December 26, 2008

My Christmas Gift for Mom

This was one of the items I made for the Thrifty Fifty challenge. I made it for my mother for Christmas. It is a bird nest necklace made from sterling silver wire and 3 blue Swarovski crystal pearls. It was my first bird's nest I have made. I did end up ruffling up the wire nest a bit after I took this picture. I decided it looked too uniform and unnatural when I saw the pictures. The ruffling definitely makes it look more like a real nest. I am going to play around with oxidizing the silver before I make the next nest so the color is more natural looking too. And I am going to work at giving the next nest more of a bottom for the pearls to sit in. It was really fun though and I see a lot more of these in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment