Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas Morning

I am really disappointed in my Christmas morning pictures. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep (less then 2 hours), the incredibly bad morning sickness, or both! My pictures stink. :(

We had so much fun this Christmas. What a joy to have little Reilly excitedly ripping open everyone's gifts. It was impossible to keep her from it once she learned what she was supposed to do with Christmas paper. LOL She was so cute!

Maddisen and Michael's big gifts were laptop computers. It is going to make school so much easier with each of them having their own. No more hearing them fighting over the computer. I don't know how many times a day I would hear, "Hurry up with science Maddisen I need the computer for Latin." or "Michael, are you done with Math yet? I need to use the computer for bible!"

Brenton's big gift was a digital camcorder. He has proven to be a pretty darn good videographer. He is quite creative. Sveinn is happy to give up the job. Sveinn has a habit of either falling asleep while recording or recording the floor for 5 solid minutes! We have some very boring home videos.

Spencer got a killer Hot Wheels race track and tons of Hot Wheels to go with it. It's pretty cool and you can set it up a bunch of different ways. Reilly received a baby and those baby bottles that look like they actually have milk and juice in them. I remember having those when I was little! I was hoping the baby would help her to learn to be gentle with her new sister or brother come July. Hmmmm? I don't think it is going to do the trick. Though she has moments of tenderness with her baby, usually she is tossing it by the leg across the room. She was actually holding the baby by the feet Christmas afternoon banging it's head on the rock fireplace. She is so rough!

Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!


The three boys were racing to get to their gifts. Maddisen had wrapped them in rubber bands, tape, etc. and made them almost impossible to open. It was a riot!

Maddisen received an iTouch for Christmas and Reilly gave her an iHome to go with it.


Reilly having a "gentle" moment feeding her new baby.

2 comments:

  1. How did you ever get your kids to wear matching pj's? I NEVER could get mine to do that. Mine would rather have died than be seen (especially in pictures) in matching pj's! Although I used to love it when Mom and I had matching pj's for Christmas. Thanks for bringing back such a wonderful memory.
    ~Shelly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! :-O Danielle, they grew up so much! I was expecting Reilly to still be a little baby ... and Maddisen ... and Spencer ... oh my. The older boys look the same, I think, just taller versions, but the two little ones and Maddisen ... :-O is all I can say! Too sweet, looks like a fun Christmas for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete