Friday, December 26, 2008

Baby Number Six

We decided that Reilly (almost 17 months now) is going to be our last baby. With my high risk pregnancies and Sveinn’s advanced age (he’ll be 46 on Jan 1!) we finally decided that after 5 beautiful blessings we are finally through having children. I resigned myself to the fact that I was to never again feel the flutter of a baby's kick within my womb, was no longer going to experience that amazing first deep look into my "just seconds old" baby's eyes, nor never again would I nurse a suckling infant. This saddened me deeply, for these are some of the most incredible parts of motherhood that God has created. But... I have accepted that it is the end of this season in my life. Kind of. ;) Does one ever really stop longing to experience these things? Just one more time I always say. Just one more baby. But there comes a time when it must end and we must move on the next season God has waiting for us.

How do you type the sound of tires screeching in the background?

Wait a minute! Hold on! I'm what? Is that really a plus sign? Quick, grab the other test stick. Yes I can pee some more. Just give it to me! Tick... tick... tick... as the seconds tick away. What does it say? What does it say? Is it positive too? It is? Are you kidding me? How did this happen? Oh my! We are having another baby? I'm pregnant?

We are expecting baby number 6. Woo hoo! We found out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We were shocked to put it lightly. LOL Tears of joy, sadness, disbelief, excitement, shock, fear, happiness, confusion, did I mention joy, flowed freely for awhile. We haven't told too many people and I haven't posted on here because I wanted to wait until my parents were told. Well, they don't know yet, but will before this weekend is over. More on that later. Oh, and now I know why I kept falling asleep at my desk while home schooling the kids. I have taken many a "naps" at my desk that month before we found out. Picture my face planted against my correcting book, drool flowing onto the page, spiral binding leaving a deep mark on my cheek. I was wondering why I was so tired all of a sudden and the thought of some chronic disease kept crossing my mind and filling me for brief moments with worry. I guess it was just because I was pregnant. What a relief.

I have my first ultrasound to date the pregnancy January 5th. The doctor thinks I am around 11 weeks. I am guessing somewhere between 11 and 13 weeks. The all day morning sickness has been debilitating. Thus the reason why I haven't posted here. It's been hard to carry on taking care of 5 kids, a husband, a cat, a dog, our house, getting ready for Christmas, having a husband starting up a new ethanol plant and working 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks. I'm not complaining. Well, maybe a little bit. ;) But needless to say, it's been a rough month for me. Hopefully the morning...umm, let's just call it "all day" sickness will leave as I move into my second trimester. Which should be happening really soon! Yippee!

Please keep me in your prayers. My gestational diabetes is already back and I have a feeling we will be starting the insulin injections at my visit Jan 5th. I am okay with that. The thought of 4 or more needle sticks in my belly every day for the next 6 months or so doesn't sound inviting, but I guess I am used to it. It's all worth it. I can't keep myself from daydreaming of that day when I can look deeply into the beautiful eyes of my "just seconds old" new baby again. Those are my most favorite life moments. Oh, God is so so so good!

Love to all,
Danielle

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Your family is beautiful. I was just rocking our youngest who turned 2 yesterday and we say he is our last but I have these feelings that just keep coming up that I want another one. I would be overjoyed to with a surprise baby on the way!! Congratulations!! may God bless you abundantly and I pray you have excellent health throughout this pregnancy! Along with great health for your baby!
    In Christ, Aimee'
    (found your blog on YCMT blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, I am so excited for y'all! SIX!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I too found your blog from YCMT's new Make It up as You Go Quilt. I gave birth to 3 beautiful children and acquired 2 more lovely children through a second marriage. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. As much as I love babies and would love to also have that "deep look" again, I also know that my body is past the point of being able to carry and then care for a precious bundle of joy. God knew what he was doing when gave children to young mothers. However, I will be able to have that deep look again--not as a mother, but as a grandmother. My own experiences and bonds with my grandmothers give me hope that the love I share and experience with my first (and then the countless others coming in the future) grandchild in May that the deep love I have for children will continue and my deep seated need for an infant's love will continue. I pray that you experience good health for both you and the baby (and the patience and ability to survive the next several months as the time nears for the birth of that bundle of joy!).
    Crafting together,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete